AFCRN LGCW Online Meeting, Nov 18th, 2020
- Welcome - Ann Korir (Kenya)
- Cancer surveillance in SSA - Yvonne Joko (Cameroon) Download PDF
- AFCRN - Biying Liu (UK) Download PDF
- How do we fit into the global cancer control - Abidemi Omonisi (Nigeria) Download PDF
- Developing a national cancer registration system - Gisbert Msigwa (Tanzania) Download PDF
- Breast cancer incidence, survival and treatment in SSA - Yvonne Joko (Cameroon) Download PDF
- Cervical cancer incidence in SSA - Elima Jedy-Agba (Nigeria) Download PDF
- Prostate cancer incidence, survival and treatment in SSA - Tobias Seraphin (Germany) Download PDF
- National childhood cancer registration programme in five Southern African countries - Natasha Abraham (South Africa) Download PDF
- Covid impact on surveillance workers - Lerato Khoali (South Africa) Download PDF
Meeting Recording PW: 3Ya?0O1J
Our article “The evolving epidemic of breast cancer in sub‐Saharan Africa: Results from the African Cancer Registry Network” published in the International Journal of Cancer (IJC) has been selected for a special online Virtual Issue. This manuscript was prepared by Dr Yvonne Joko-Fru, supervised by Dr Max Parkin and Dr Paul McGale (Uni of Oxford).
The Enrico Anglesio Prize is awarded every year to a young cancer epidemiology researcher, in two occasions:
It has been part of the regular programme and prize awarded at the IACR's Annual Scientific Conference; and
At the yearly Groupe pour l’Epidémiologie et l’Enregistrement du cancer dans les Pays de Langue Latine (GRELL) Meeting.
With the cancellation of conferences for 2020 due to COVD-19, the Fondo Elena Moroni and the scientific committee of the Enrico Anglesio prize decided to organise a Enrico Anglesio Prize virtual.
For the virtual prize, candidates are invited to present a written paper on their work on cancer epidemiology and/or cancer registration, that, in normal times, they would have presumably given as an oral presentation at the IACR or GRELL conference, and subsequently submitted for publication in a Journal. READ more of the prize details and rules here: https://www.fondoelenamoroni.org/en/the-prize/