UICC Workshops purpose is to enable capacity building in key areas with linkage to UICC priority areas and World Cancer Declaration targets in low- and middle-income countries.
Target Candidates: The target of the workshops will be appropriately qualified cancer professionals who work in official bodies, cancer institutes, professional associations, clinics or hospitals in low and middle income countries.
Duration: There is no limiting criteria related to the duration of the training
Available: 3-5 grants per round
Average Value: US$ 30,000 each
Application Closing Dates: 1 March; 1 July; 1 November
Notification of Results: 1 April; 1 August; 1 December
Objectives: UICC Workshop grants support training workshops that lead to capacity building in low- and middle income countries in key areas with linkage to UICC priority areas and World Cancer Declaration targets. Projects are evaluated based on their anticipated impact on cancer control activities at local or regional levels as well as on the career path and professional development of the participants. International collaborations are preferred.
• Submitted projects should demonstrate exceptional quality and appropriate length and cost
• Projects should have strong linkage with UICC priority areas and World Cancer Declaration targets
• Training should focus on low and middle income countries as defined by the World Bank
• There should be clear anticipated impact on cancer control activities at local or regional level
• There should be anticipated impact on career path and professional development of participants
• Suitability and quality of training experts
• International component of the proposal leading to collaborative network creation
Preference given to projects focusing on cancer policy, cervical cancer, palliative care, paediatric oncology and registry development. The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is the leading international non-governmental organisation dedicated to the global prevention and control of cancer. Founded in 1933, UICC unites over 800 member organisations in more than 150 countries across the world. UICC’s mission is to connect, mobilise and support organisations, leading experts, stakeholders and volunteers in a dynamic community working together to eliminate cancer as a life-threatening disease for future generations.